This course provides you with the concepts and skills to use Adobe Photoshop effectively. You get hands-on practice working with basic through advanced techniques to get the most out of your experience. You will learn layer basics, photo retouching and image editing. Whether you are a designer, illustrator, photographer, video artist, webmaster or just a beginner, Photoshop offers you many opportunities to make your images look great. You will be prepared for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam at the end of this course.
Before taking this course, you should have a basic understanding of computer operating system.
- Unit 1: Setting project requirements
- Identify the purpose, audience, and audience needs for preparing image(s).
- Demonstrate knowledge of standard copyright rules for images and image use.
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management tasks and responsibilities.
- Communicate with others (such as peers and clients) about design plans.
- Unit 2: Identifying design elements when preparing images
- Demonstrate knowledge of image resolution, image size, and image file format for web, video, and print.
- Demonstrate knowledge of design principles, elements, and image composition.
- Demonstrate knowledge of typography.
- Demonstrate knowledge of color correction using Photoshop CS6.
- Demonstrate knowledge of image-generating devices, their resulting image types, and how to access resulting images in Photoshop.
- Understand key terminology of digital images.
Project: Collages and Photography (Duration 5 hours)
- Unit 3: Understanding Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Identify elements of the Photoshop CS6 user interface and demonstrate knowledge of their functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of layers and masks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of importing, exporting, organizing, and saving.
- Demonstrate knowledge of producing and reusing images.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and select the appropriate features and options required to implement a color management workflow.
Project: Advertisements (Duration 15 hours)
- Unit 4: Manipulating images using Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with selections.
- Use Photoshop guides and rulers.
- Transform images.
- Adjust or correct the tonal range, color, or distortions of an image.
- Demonstrate knowledge of retouching and blending images.
- Demonstrate knowledge of drawing and painting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of type.
- Demonstrate knowledge of filters.
Project1: Logos (Duration 7 hours)
Project2: Brochures (Duration 15 hours)
- Unit 5: Publishing Digital Images using Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Demonstrate knowledge of preparing images for web, print, and video.
Project: Portfolio (Duration 6 hours)
ACA at your School or College
Industry-recognized credentials for both teachers and students.
Important Certification for effective teachers.
Educators around the world are using Adobe software to energize their students and improve their skills. As the most important industry credential, ACA elevates a teacher’s stature in the classroom and boosts confidence in their own expertise. Instructors with Adobe Certification also serve as a model for students to develop their own marketable skills through Adobe Certification.
Valuable credentials for job seeking students.
In today’s information-based economy, demand for digital communications skills is enormous and growing rapidly. With Adobe Certification, students stand out from the crowd when competing for jobs. Hiring managers will know the candidate’s creativity is backed by solid knowledge that allows them to work more efficiently.