In this course, students will learn how to develop HTML5 applications for the two mobile operating systems supported in Dreamweaver CS 6, iOS and Android. One can generate a native app for each OS, suitable for testing with the open-source PhoneGap framework. The course covers basic app creation from scratch. It includes packaging and preparing finished apps for debugging prior to deploying to the Android Market and the Apple App Store. Development techniques includes the use of jQuery Mobile, are emphasized for developers to create apps on multiple platforms.
- Introduction to Mobile app development
- Introduction to jQuery Mobile
- Working with buttons
- Working with Toolbars
- Working with Dialogs & Popups
- Creating Forms
- Creating Listviews
- Working with layout grids
- Working with jQuery Mobile themes
- Working with jQuery Mobile API
- Loading Flicker photos using JSON
- Loading Youtube videos using JSON
- Publishing app for Multiple device using PhoneGap service.
Who should learn Dreamweaver: Building apps for Android and iOS
- Professional Web Designers
Creators who are responsible for developing and deploying web or mobile sites, often working alone or as part of small design firms, larger organizations, or educational institutions.
- Professional Web Developers
Web application developers savvy in server-side languages like PHP, ColdFusion, or ASP who work solo, in small design firms, or as part of larger organizations.
- Visual Web Designers & Adobe Creative Suite® Users
Graphic artists, creative directors, and designers who are responsible for the overall look and feel of sites and their public presence, typically part of an interactive agency or dedicated marketing department.